SHAPE CORP. is a full-service, tier-one automotive and industrial component supplier. our engineering teams design, test and analyzes metal, plastic and hybrid components and systems. From black box design to customer design optimization, Shape gives a formidable resource in today’s most challenging markets.
Annual Revenue: $5 Billion
Number of Employees: 500
Novus Global client for: 2 years
SHAPE CORP. was looking for ways to renew confidence in management and leadership abilities. They visioned a culture that is always exploring what they are capable of. While facing new challenges they were focused on finding new methods for achieving them.
After investing in training and individual coaching for many of their senior executives, those individuals opted to be part of Novus Global’sMeta Performance™ Management Training. This program consisted of over 30 hours of training along with mentorship from Novus Global coaches. These individuals invested hours into growing their own ability to coach and transform culture, through coaching their peers. . The key focus areas of our work were to:
- Ensure the coaching techniques felt natural to those being trained to coach, and that there was evidence the language was embedding into their day to day approach.
- Increase the team’s ability to point to a hard ROI based on achievement of outcomes
- Ensure the team would rate the impact of the culture being created as a 5 out of 5
There was increased energy in both management and teams, pivoting towards thinking bigger and thinking through obstacles. There was a decrease in looking to others to solve problems and a renewed sense of proactivity. Increased confidence and assertiveness. An ability to take disappointing outcomes and pivot them to serve a greater vision. A shared language is being created around feedback, challenges, vision, results, etc.
- SHAPE CORP also had the following measurable results:
- Beat their operating profit target by more than
- They more than doubled their net income target.
- They realized the single most profitable development project ___
- Doubled their pipeline of new deals from ___ to nearly ___
“Going into this it was an experiment. We’ve never done anything like this before. We weren’t sure how it was going to turn out? It far exceeded my expectations. From what I experienced personally, what I saw in the group, and what I see day to day in the company, as the changes take effect, has been incredible. I’m really happy with how you’ve helped us. Thank you for that. We’re just getting started and we’re working on a model to ensure it continues into 2021.”
Mark White – CEO