META PERFORMANCE SHOW: In this episode, Jason Jaggard has a conversation with comedian Jen Fulwiler about unapologetically chasing what makes you feel alive. After becoming a bestselling author and a host on Sirius XM, all while raising six kids, Jennifer continued to strive towards what lit her blue flame. In this case, it was pursuing a career in standup comedy. Utilizing a tireless work ethic, her broadcast experience, and a whole lot of spreadsheets, she proceeded to do in 12 months what takes most people years: successfully self-produce a live tour, hosting sellout after sellout.
Jen wants us to remember: “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
Jen Fulwiler is a standup comic, bestselling author, and mom of six who is currently touring the country with her Minivan Fabulous standup comedy tour. She was the host of the daily talk radio show The Jen Fulwiler Show on the national SiriusXM network, and when she left to launch her own podcast, This Is Jen, it debuted in the iTunes Comedy Top 10. She has been featured on the Today Show and CNN, and her viral social media sketches have racked up millions of views. Her standup comedy special, The Naughty Corner, is out now on Amazon.
- Learn more about Jen… jfcomedytour.com | Instagram: @JenniferFulwiler | TikTok: JenniferFulwiler
- Jen’s book: Your Blue Flame
- Youtube Stand Up Special: Jen Naughty Corner
- Quote referenced by Jen: “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
- Howard Thurman, The Living Wisdom of Howard Thurman: A Visionary for Our Time
- Jen’s viral video that kicked off her standup career (Is this it?)
Book a free consultation with a Novus Global coach or find out more about coaching options here: https://bit.ly/3JbKzSw
Are you a coach looking to expand your practice and join an elite coaching firm? Find out more here: bit.ly/3j1WbNn
This podcast is produced by Rainbow Creative with Matthew Jones as Senior Producer, Producer Stephen Selnick, and Jeremy Davidson as Editor and Audio engineer. Find out more about how to create a podcast for you or your business at rainbowcreative.co